Glengennet Farm, Self catering cottages.
Relax in the unspoilt countryside of South West Scotland.
Situated in a rural location in the peaceful Stinchar Valley our cottages are an ideal base for exploring this beautiful part of Ayrshire.
We have two self catering cottages available to holiday in. Glengennet Cottage which joins Glengennet farmhouse and is suitable for 2 people, and Upper Barr Cottage which is around half a mile from Glengennet and has been refurbished to a high standard.
Upper Barr Cottage is suitable for 2 - 6 people.
Both are within a relatively short distance for a number of outdoor activities such as:
- Walking or cycling in the Galloway forest park. Trails start from Barr village.
- Glentrool with its many marked trails and access to the Merrick, South West Scotland’s highest mountain, offers more demanding walking.
- Culzean Castle and Country Park, a favourite with visitors, is a 30 minute drive away.
- South west Scotland has a wealth of golf courses. Turnberry, Brunston Castle and Girvan are all within easy reach.
- The Ayrshire coast and Burns country provide more areas to explore.
As you can see in the photographs, all the rooms are well furnished and are light and airy with plenty of room for our guests.
Upper Barr Cottage offers the additional comfort of having en-suite facilities attached to two of the bedrooms, a kingsize bed in the master bedroom and a very modern fully fitted kitchen. The main bathroom is fitted with both a bath and a double shower cubicle.