Upper Barr, Self catering cottage, Ayrshire.
Relax in the unspoilt countryside of South West Scotland.
Situated in a rural location in the peaceful Stinchar Valley our cottage is an ideal base for exploring this beautiful part of Ayrshire.
Upper Barr Cottage, which is situated between Barr Village and Glengennet Farm and has been refurbished to a high standard, is suitable for 2 - 6 people and is open all year round.
Upper Barr is within a relatively short distance for a number of outdoor activities such as:
- Walking or cycling in the Galloway forest park. Trails start from Barr village.
- Glentrool with its many marked trails and access to the Merrick, South West Scotland’s highest mountain, offers more demanding walking.
- Culzean Castle and Country Park, a favourite with visitors, is a 30 minute drive away.
- South west Scotland has a wealth of golf courses. Turnberry, Brunston Castle and Girvan are all within easy reach.
- The Ayrshire coast and Burns country provide more areas to explore.
As you can see in the photographs, all the rooms are well furnished and are light and airy with plenty of room for our guests.
Upper Barr Cottage offers the additional comfort of having en-suite facilities attached to two of the bedrooms, a kingsize bed in the master bedroom and a very modern fully fitted kitchen. The main bathroom is fitted with both a bath and a double shower cubicle.